What can hair analysis reveal?
Hair analysis is an invaluable screening tool which allows a correct program of diet and supplementation
to be designed for each individual’s needs.
Trace mineral analysis is a test which measures the mineral content of your hair. Mineral content of the hair reflects the mineral content of the body’s tissues. If a mineral deficiency or excess exists in the hair, it usually indicates a mineral deficiency or excess within the body.
Various mineral imbalances, as revealed by hair analysis, may explain current symptom profiles or may show metabolic dysfunctions before any symptoms manifest.
Common conditions which may result from a mineral imbalance:
Depression, Hypoglycemia, Hyperactivity, Headaches, Hypertension, arthritis, hair loss, anemia, thyroid disturbance, prostate disorders, digestive disturbance, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, skin rashes, emotion imbalances, allergies, slow healing, ridging or spotting of the nails, brittle hair, stretch marks, mood swings and many more.
Why test for minerals?Minerals are the “spark plugs” of life. They are involved in almost all enzyme reactions within the body. Without enzyme activity, life ceases to exist. A mineral analysis is preventative as well as being a useful screening tool.
Who needs a hair analysis?
- Anyone who is found to be ill and no explanation can be found
- When the cause is known but the therapy has not been effective
- When someone would like to know specifically how they should be supplementing their diet.
Common causes of a mineral imbalanceImproper diet, taking vitamins and minerals which may not be compatible with your biochemistry, stress, medications and accumulation of toxic metals are just a few common factors.
Did you know?
- Women’s pre-menstrual headaches are often caused by too much copper?
- Arthritis like pain can be caused by high levels of toxic metals?
- Approximately 80% of our population lack the necessary enzymes and natural stomach acid to properly digest food?
- Obesity is commonly caused by chronic blood sugar problems?
- Diuretics lower your potassium supply?
- High levels of copper and iron can cause migraine headaches?
- Lead toxicity is linked with MS?
- Vitamins C, B, zinc and manganese in the right ratio can be therapeutic for treatment of schizophrenia?
- Magnesium deficiency is related to epilepsy, heart disease and kidney disorders?